Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Christmas "Crafternoon" with Family!


We finally did it - the girls in my family that live here in the Houston area have been talking about doing a crafting afternoon (or "crafternoon" as we call it) at my house for a long time now, and this past Sunday afternoon we did just that!  I gathered a lot of my fabric and trim stash as well as a few goodies...


...and we got busy crafting...


We made cute Christmas tags using regular shipping tags, fabrics, trims, buttons, yo yos, pom poms, and assorted Christmas trinkets and baubles. Mom and I made these for inspiration...


...and here's what everyone made...





Super Cute!!  



My cousins, niece, Aunt, and 2 sisters-in-law and Mom and I had a blast - we're already looking forward to the next crafternoon...wonder what we'll make then??!!

I will try to put together a little easy tutorial on some of these tags I made - they were really easy...and fun!



Oh, and one additional nice benefit from having everyone over to my house - it lights a fire under me to finish certain decorating projects!  (is anyone else like that??)  Here are a few shots of my almost finished dining room...


Finally finished the repurposed desk hutch - sweet hubby added the "quilt rack" at the bottom of the orphaned hutch using a closet rod and holders from Home Depot and I trimmed the cutter quilt down to fit on the rack...


(oops, still need to paint over the screws on the back)

I LOVE the way the hutch turned out! One of the reasons I wanted a hutch/shelves like this instead of the traditional hutch I already have with a normal base is that this one allows so much more space for chairs on the back side if the table. When I had the full hutch there before, it was very hard to sit on that side of the table without knocking into to hutch...

It was also great to gather all my favorite china and pretties together to fill the shelves of the hutch as well as the newly painted corner shelves (salvaged from an old entertainment center I once had)...





I love it when it all starts to come together! It's turned into a happy room and a great gathering spot!

______________________________

Hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I have so very much to be thankful for, and your friendship is very high on the list!

"I thank my God every time I remember you." 
Philippians 1:3


13 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:14 PM

    Looks like a fun afternoon! Haven't done anything like that in quite awhile. The dining room is so pretty, love the colors. Such a good idea using a hutch that way. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky!
    Loving the tags you gals made! It's so much fun to create with other gals. I get to on Saturday!
    Love your dining room and the hutch..love that idea about no "bottom" to get in the way!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, I'm so glad you have family femmes to do that with! Your dining room looks spectacular so far! I love the corner units, and the orphan with a quilt rack is such an awesome idea! I love it! Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun craffternoon. I love the tags and that floral chandelier is so pretty! Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving. I see that you have been a busy girl and I love that you have been crafting so much- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Becky :) just found you through pinterest :)
    and had to pop by and say hi :) just started to follow your blog, blessings Marlou :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps .. your little pup is adorable, I have a Havanese named Gracie, she is my best friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlou - so happy you found me, and likewise, so happy I found you! Love your work - sweet and beautiful! And your Gracie is precious! I'm so blessed that you stopped by! Hugs, Becky

      Delete
  8. Anonymous7:47 AM

    Hi Becky - What a wonderful way to spend the afternoon with family & friends. Looks like fun was had by one and all, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how fun!! What a great way to spend time with one another! You and the hubs did a great job on the hutch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    This is my first time visiting your blog (I follow you on Pinterest as "Jennifer R".) Your home is really lovely and your dog is beautiful! We have a small bichon frise named Marshmallow that looks a lot like your little dog.:)Also I wanted to say I love the little snowman tag with the black and white polka dot top hat with the chenille stem "greenery"...very creative! : ) -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the green color on your dining room wall. What is the name of the color?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda - it's Behr paint from Home Depot and the color is called "Rejuvenate", which I thought was a cool name :o) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I am deeply appreciative of the time you've taken to leave a comment - thank you!